Tuesday 2 April 2013

Gig Poster - Ruckus and Hollywood Assassins

Photoshop and Illustrator
Mar 2013


Kind of self-explanatory, hopefully. I chose the yellow to compliment the colour scheme of Ruckus's logo, and played around with fonts in Illustrator looking for ones that were reminiscent of 50s B-movie posters and the like. Another minor influence was Stan Lee - my decision to turn the date, time and venue into shouts of excitement is a nod to anyone who's ever read his early Dr Strange comics and felt absolutely exhausted after all those exclamation marks. (To that end, I swear the choice of Comic Sans was on purpose and not because I think it rules as a general typeface or anything...)

I should have spent longer on the music notes and stave because they're a bit wonky but when I looked up it was nearly 4am and I had to get to bed so there wasn't time. Likewise I probably should have found a different image instead of just plagiarising the artwork I did for the album cover (which I still haven't bloody well finished) but oh well... I shouldn't bitch really. As it is, I rarely know when to stop messing with things I have drawn or made, so maybe time constraints are the only thing preventing me from ultimately setting myself and everything I ever made alight. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment